[Wine] Print options dialog (LPR) disappeared

Sherlock79 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Apr 16 05:57:34 CDT 2009

When printing from an application in Wine (e.g. notepad.exe) my system used to popup a Linux print dialog (called LPR Options) which was quite useful. A few weeks ago this changed and the dialog is no longer displayed.

I am using Wine 1.1.19 but I am sure it happened with 18 and 17 as well. I think it is not Wine version related because on another computer the LPR options dialog still popups (with the same Wine version).

I am using Ubuntu 8.10. Googling around didn't find any relevant info.

Please, if someone knows how to enable this dialog, help me.

Thanks a lot,

David