[Wine] Warcraft III, LAN connection issues

szilagyic wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Apr 19 15:06:44 CDT 2009

Hello:

I've been looking all over and I am totally stumped on this one.  I am currently running Wine 1.1.15 and we cannot get Warcraft III to connect to any LAN games (not Battle.net) to other computers using Wine 1.1.15, or real Windows computers.  Everything used to work fine with Wine 1.1.9 and I've upgraded a few times from 1.1.9 to 1.1.15, so I'm not sure when this broke.  From a PC with Wine 1.1.15 to another PC with Wine 1.1.15, I can see the hosted game, but when I try to join it times out.  A Windows machine cannot see the hosted game at all. All software firewalls are turned off and nothing else has changed.  I've read that Warcraft III uses UDP broadcasting to communicate on a LAN, but is there anything in Wine that would affect UDP broadcasting?

I am at a loss.  If anybody has any ideas, I would be happy to try anything at this point.

As always... thanks very much in advance!!

--
Chris