[Wine] Lifeform installed, only partial functionality

edpatterson wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Apr 19 18:11:35 CDT 2009

Lifeform is a 16-bit Windows based Health Management piece of software that I have used for years. It will not install under Vista without doing something insane like installing virtualpc and a full blown XP install. I did get it to install under Wine, kinda. The creation of a program group and icons failed but I was able to do that part manually.

Part of the application allows you to select a food item then an amount. The drop down list full of food items appears, but the selection is not retained.

Really, really hard to describe. It there some setting I can enable for enhanced logging. I figure it has to be throwing an error some where.

The application if you are so inclined:
http://www.wordplace.com/pub/lf.exe

The settings in my link
Name: Lifeform
Command: wine /home/ed/.wine/drive_c/LIFEFORM/LIFEFORM.EXE

Thanks for any and all assistance. I would really like to continue using this app.

Ed