[Wine] Trying to make a Delphi database application run correctly

marcos_antonio_ps wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Apr 20 08:13:11 CDT 2009

Hello, everybody!

First of all I have to say that I'm already posted this question in another forum:

http://www.delphipages.com/threads/thread.cfm?ID=206179&G=206179

but as I haven't got any response from there I thought that this would be the right
place to ask what I asked there. I really hope to get your help about this because
I am totally new to Linux and I don't know where to go anymore.
If you read my question in the forum listed above you know that I'm trying to run
a Delphi database application developed in Windows using Wine.

That's what I'm using in the Windows side:

- Windows XP (Service Pack 3)
- Delphi 2005
- dbExpress (I'm not using BDE, which makes things simpler)
- MS SQL Server 2000

On Linux:

- Ubunto 8.10
- Wine 1.0.1

First my application wasn't connecting to the database, but I could make it connect
installing mdac28 with the winetricks script. All queries sent to the database in the
application are running ok, but when I try to write something I get the following error:

Database Server Error: [DBNETLIB][ConnectionRead (Error SIO_KEEPALIVE_VALS()).] General network error. Check your network documentation.

I changed the Windows version in Wine to Windows 98 and tried to install jet40 using
winetricks, but I'm getting an error. That's how I proceed and the error messages
that I get:

marcos at marcos:~$ sudo su

root at marcos:/home/marcos# sh winetricks jet40
Executing wine /root/.winetrickscache/jet40sp8_9xnt.exe
fixme:ntdll:find_reg_tz_info Can't find matching timezone information in the registry for bias 180, std (d/m/y): 0/00/0000, dlt (d/m/y): 0/00/0000
fixme:ntdll:find_reg_tz_info Can't find matching timezone information in the registry for bias 180, std (d/m/y): 0/00/0000, dlt (d/m/y): 0/00/0000
fixme:setupapi:extract_cabinet_file awful hack: extracting cabinet "C:\\windows\\temp\\IXP001.TMP\\Jetsetup.CAB"
err:ole:TLB_ReadTypeLib Loading of typelib L"C:\\Program files\\Common files\\Microsoft shared\\dao\\dao2535.tlb" failed with error 2
Install of jet40 done
winetricks done.

I want to to install jet40 just to try if the error that I'm getting in the application
will disappear, but I'm just guessing this.
I also want to tell you that I run my application using winefile.

I would be very thankful if someone could help me with this issue.

Thank you.

Marcos