[Wine] Re: Trying to make a Delphi database application run correctly

marcos_antonio_ps wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Apr 20 11:39:05 CDT 2009

Hello, vitamin and dimesio. Thanks a lot for your replies. I see that I still have many
things to learn. I wasn't aware of things like that running Wine as root would
mess things. I'll fix that with the help of the FAQ. But I just would like to upgrade to a new version of Wine if there's really a good change that the version that I'm using now (the stable) is related with the error message that I'm getting. I wouldn't like to spend some time doing one thing that would not add any value and, as I'm still learning how to do things on Linux, increase the change to get in some troubles trying to update something. So, returning to the error when I try to write something in the application:

Database Server Error: [DBNETLIB][ConnectionRead (Error SIO_KEEPALIVE_VALS()).] General network error. Check your network documentation.

I see this message on the console when that error happens:

fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl unsupported WS_IOCTL cmd (98000004)

for the time being I'm running my application only with ODBC (mdac28). I also installed
a fake IE6, but I didn't know if this was necessary.

I really want to get rid of this error.

Marcos