[Wine] Trying to make a Delphi database application run correctly

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Tue Apr 21 16:54:42 CDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 07:41, Daniel Kasak
<daniel.kasak at 247realmedia.com> wrote:
> Further to my suggestion on Kylix, I've just come across this:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lazarus_(software)
>
> It's a linux clone of Delphi. Can't comment on it's quality /
> usability / compatibility ( obviously, as I haven't used it ), except to
> quote:

Haven't used it recently, but found it usable for simple apps.... (I
used it under Windwos a few years back)

Free Pascal's compiler is quite good.

Quite a bit of adaptation used to be needed to get Delphi apps to
compile, especially if some external dependencies are used..

Posting to Lazarus is easier than porting to Kylix though...

Gert