[Wine] Re: wine over ssh

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Apr 22 22:46:48 CDT 2009

vijaymk wrote:
> ssh -X myhost 'wine notepad'
>
> The concern is that I can get back to my shell only after I exit the notepad application. I tried appending an '&' at the end and that did'nt help.

That's correct - you asking ssh to login and start that app and not the remote shell.

You have to use nohup and stderr redirection if you want to start Wine program in a background like that. RTFM more about "daemonising" a program - disconnecting it from the terminal and keeping it running. This has nothing to do with Wine but the basics of using *NIX shell.