[Wine] Darwine: Running an SDL game

motorollin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Apr 23 07:31:36 CDT 2009

Hi all

I'm trying to play the game "BOH" (http://www.bohthegame.com/) on OS X using Darwine. I downloaded 1.1.19 and dragged the Darwine folder to /Applications. Then I opened the BOH installer using WineHelper and installed the game. For some reason it put the installed files inside the WineHelper application bundle. When I tried to open the game's executable using WineHelper, it appeared in the Process Window then disappeared again, with no information entered in to the Wine Log. I tried moving the game's folder to ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/, but I still had the same problem.

The game is written using SDL and I'm wondering whether this is part of the problem. Any ideas anyone?

TIA