[Wine] Windows 2008 Server Standard Licences

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 12:51:51 CDT 2009

2009/4/23 eyanson <wineforum-user at winehq.org>:

> I have a linux client and a windows server with same windows applications.
> My question is, how many licences I will need in windows and terminal server.

That we'd have no idea about, unfortunately ... it depends entirely
what the licenses for the applications and for Windows Server actually
say. This would require closely reading the EULAs.

(Some Microsoft licenses do claim you are not allowed to run the
software on anything but Windows. Whether this would stand up in court
is another matter. Of course, I can't advise you on this ...)

I can say, however, that if the apps' licenses let you run them on any
OS you want to, you needn't worry about licensing arrangements for the
use of Wine per se.

- d.