[Wine] Darwine: Running an SDL game

ryan woodsmall rwoodsmall at mac.com
Thu Apr 23 16:55:14 CDT 2009

Can't speak for Darwine - I've only used locally-compiled Wine from
source.

Regarding the final Xquartz 2.3.3 release, it looks like the gun was
jumped a bit.  It requires Mac OS X update 10.5.7, which is not yet in
final seed.  So we'll have to wait for that.  I doubt very much that
the final release will change anything, particularly with Darwine.
You might have better luck compiling the MacPorts package - the "wine-
devel" port is v1.1.19, which is the latest... until tomorrow, when
1.1.20 will probably come out.

I've been meaning to write up a recipe for compiling Wine from source
on Mac OS X, but I've been somewhat busy IRL.  With Xquartz 2.3.3
imminent, it might be high time to do it.

   ryan woodsmall
     rwoodsmall at mac.com

"Be well, do good work, and keep in touch." - Garrison Keillor