[Wine] Garbled/blurred fonts.

Susan Cragin susancragin at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 23 19:58:55 CDT 2009

>I installed office 2007 using this howto over on the ubuntu forum
>Everything went great. The programs run and seem to work fine, except that the old issue of wine not rendering fonts right occurs.
>This issue is documented here
>The solution is to add
>to the registry. That works fine and makes the winecfg fonts display nicely, but the fonts within the windows apps - such as word are still messed up.
>I am not sure why this is.
>Here is what they look like
>I am running a nvidia graphics card fwiw.
>Anyone have any suggestions..
>Many thanks

I have a suggestion that might work. I don't use Windows anything, but this works for Notepad.

Copy the text between the lines below into a file called regedit4.reg

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]

Then in a terminal type

wine regedit

In the drop-down Registry menu, hit Import Registry file, and navigate to where you have saved regedit4.reg

Hit "Open" then quit the application.