[Wine] Darwine: Running an SDL game

ryan woodsmall rwoodsmall at mac.com
Fri Apr 24 09:47:01 CDT 2009

> /usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11/bin

Path looks fine - that's the default.

> I have deleted the version I compiled myself to try another one, so
> will recompile it and try what you suggested. Also, could you
> confirm I'm using the correct sources? I downloaded from here:

I normally grab the source from ibiblio.org, since it's wget-/curl-
friendly:

     http://ibiblio.org/pub/linux/system/emulators/wine/wine-1.1.19.tar.bz2

As far as dependencies, SDL might or might not be using some image
libraries in the background.  I normally grab FreeType, jpeg, tiff,
libpng, libxml2 and libxslt, then compile those, THEN build Wine
against those libraries.  This is a relatively involved process, of
course...

If you're building from MacPorts, make sure you're using the "wine-
devel" package.  And before you do anything, make sure MacPorts itself
is up-to-date:

     sudo port -v selfupdate

Note that MacPorts places itself at the beginning of your PATH, so
binaries in /opt/local (or wherever you install it) are used before
system binaries.  That behavior can be changed in ~/.bash_profile or
equivalent.

   ryan woodsmall
     rwoodsmall at mac.com

"Be well, do good work, and keep in touch." - Garrison Keillor