[Wine] Darwine: Running an SDL game

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 24 22:33:06 CDT 2009

ryan woodsmall wrote:
> On Apr 24, 2009, at 1:17 PM, James Mckenzie wrote:
>
>> One suggestion:  Grab the build environment from Mike Kronenberg.  It
>> includes all of these libraries and then you can build against
>> XQuartz 2.3.3.
>>
>> BTW, Wine 1.1.20 was released today as well.
>
> Mike can keep Darwine ;) I'm a Linux admin by trade; building software
> like Wine (and its dependencies) from source and running everything
> from the terminal is simply more comfortable to me.  I also use a
> number of WINEPREFIXES, leave multiple versions of Wine installed for
> testing and can easily build and install new deps without any issues.
> Not very Mac-like, I know, but it works for me.
>
> All the apps I use are up and running in 1.1.20 already - just
> compiled and verified!

Watch out, I'm a Solaris admin...

I like the fact that I can use packages on the Mac (they go by the name
of applications....)

The best part of using Mike's and Zach's builds is the Winehelper
application.

Anyway, thank you for the update.  I'll have to see what Mike is going
to do now that XQuartz 2.3.3 is out.  Hopefully this will fix running
dOOm on the Mac, finally.

James McKenzie