[Wine] replace wine's mswsock.dll with the M$ one?

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 22:59:43 CDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 11:44 PM, wagner_fsoares
<wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> I was wondering if I replace the mswsock.dll with the one on my winXP partition could solve the acceptEX problem.
> I have both win98 and winXP CDs (my winVista Laptop didn't come with any), so I was thinking if I replace those problematic DLLs or use a full windows installation somehow, it might solve this problem.

In some cases using a native dll, solves the problem. In most cases it
causes more problems or does not work at all and it also may violate
the windows license. I am not sure of this particular instance. Also
aren't there patches for accepex in some of the bug reports?

John