[Wine] Which version of OpenGL is wine using?

James Huk huk256 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 00:24:57 CDT 2009

2009/4/24 vitamin <wineforum-user at winehq.org>

> James Huk wrote:
> > Today I got following questions:
> > 1.Which version of OpenGL is wine written in? 3.1? 3.0? 2.1? 2.0? Lower
> > maybe?
>
> ATM up to 2.1.
>

> James Huk wrote:
> > 2.Is wine using custom OpenGL extensions? From which vendors (NVIDIA I
> guess, ATI, S3, INTEL or others as well?)?
>
> Yes.
>

> James Huk wrote:
> > 3.What is the minimum OpenGL version to run DX2/3/6/7,DX8,DX8.1 and DX9.0
> apps?
>
> Any. Wine will report and support only features that are available.
>

> James Huk wrote:
> > (I guess for OpenGL apps it doesn't really matter right? You are just
> > wrapping it to native OpenGL commands probably – correct?)
>
> Correct, with few minor additions.
>

>    1. Thanks.

2. You mean you are using extensions from all companies in the list above?

3.That is not what I meant – I mean what is minimum OpenGL version to
“emulate”(yes I know, we are not emulation anything) ALL features of:

a) DX7.0 and lower

b) DX8.0

c) DX8.1

d) DX9.0

 I'm asking this because I test wine on many cards, and their OpenGL support
is very different from card to card. So we have cards that are OpenGL 1.1
only (Voodoo3/Banshee,RivaTNT2), 1.2(Rage128
PRO,GeForce2MX),1.5(GeForce5200FX) and 3.0(probably 3.1 in near future –
Geforce9800GT). Knowing that – for example – GeForce2 is not enough for DX
8.1, I would know to expect problems.

 Thanks again