[Wine] Re: How do I use the developers version of Wine 1.1.20?

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Apr 25 07:42:22 CDT 2009

jasonmh wrote:
> I think that the download link for Ubuntu needs to be changed to http://www.winehq.org/download/deb. The process they have in the current page just led me to ... well read the above.

That already is the download link for Ubuntu binary package; there's nothing to change. My guess is that you mistakenly clicked on link for git on the Announcements page. The links for source packages, binary packages, and git are very clearly differentiated on that page. Reading before clicking is generally a good idea.

As far as getting further help, you need to tell us what version of Wine, what app, and post console output.