[Wine] Re: Deleting the hidden .wine folder in OSX... Help!

helpplease wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Apr 26 03:23:44 CDT 2009

rm -rf does not work. The command executes with no errors, but "locate wine" afterwards still shows thousands of files under /User/foo/.wine/drive_c/.

If I navigate to /User/foo and ls -a, I can't see the .wine folder. .wine doesn't show up under /User/foo in finder with show hidden files enabled either.

So to recap, (sudo) rm -rf doesn't work for $HOME, ~/, or /User/foo (spelled out).

Thanks for all your help guys. =) The wine community is great.