[Wine] running wine app without X server or without xvfb

spirit_fy wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Apr 26 12:43:01 CDT 2009

so I am trying to run bf2_w32ded.exe through wine on ubuntu server 8.04

Code:
tweety at kament:~/bf2_1.5beta/bf2_1.5beta_waib$ wine bf2_w32ded.exe
fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoW Unimplemented action: 94 (SPI_GETMOUSETRAILS)
fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoW Unimplemented action: 59 (SPI_SETSTICKYKEYS)
fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoW Unimplemented action: 53 (SPI_SETTOGGLEKEYS)
fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoW Unimplemented action: 51 (SPI_SETFILTERKEYS)
Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.
Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.
err:wineconsole:WINECON_Fatal Couldn't find a decent font, aborting

tweety at kament:~/bf2_1.5beta/bf2_1.5beta_waib$ wine --version
wine-1.0

I read something about nulldriver... but I did not find how to setup it

btw on wine 1.0.1 with X server It runs fine if i switch off xserver same as ^^

I read about xvfb ... virtual x server ... but why use another app if I can setup wine