[Wine] Re: Failed to load wine, winecfg, wineconsole, etc.

ivorious wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Apr 26 20:44:39 CDT 2009

Hi everybody!!
I just restarted my user session and was able to run winecfg. I achieved to run Office 2003 installer but it suddenly shuts down just before starting to copy files to hard disk, I also received a message from the installer sying something like "We sorry but MSOffice could not be installed".

That surprised me so I downloaded Firefox installer. The installer ran succesfully. The problem came when attempted to execute FireFox. I did this and got this message:
~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Mozilla Firefox> wine firefox.exe
fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls"
fixme:system:SetProcessDPIAware stub!

Vitamin,
anyway I looked at the files you suggested.

> 1. Remove/comment from v4l2convert.so preload from /etc/ld.so.preload

ld.so.preload does not exist on my opensuse installation.

> 2. Make sure the VidMode extension is loading (check /var/log/Xorg.0.log)

This one is present at the log file and according to it is VidModeExtension is loading just fine..

Well, any ideas about this new problem??