[Wine] Re: Freezes my Computer when I....

jay wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Apr 28 06:09:22 CDT 2009

In case you mean that your system freezes during installing wine using the ubuntu software manager (you weren't too precise with your question):

You could try doing it per command line and redirecting the output to a file so you get a chance to read errors that may occur during the installation process at a later time.

e.g. try this in a new terminal:

Code:

gksudo apt-get install wine > winelog.txt

By the way - does your system really freeze or just the screen? e.g. is the hdd led still blinking after freeze etc.?

Also it's always helpful to provide information of the hardware/software the error occurs on, in this case:
- What linux distribution are you using? Ubuntu? Debian? Suse? Mandriva? etc...
- Is that linux distribution 32 or 64 bit?

I'm sorta linux noob myself though,
Jay