[Wine] Gw.exe -- keyboard:X11DRV_MapVirtualKeyEx keyboard layout
wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Apr 28 10:44:57 CDT 2009
Under wine versions .19 and .20 (only 2 I've tried), I get sticking keys resulting in uncontrollable spinning (or running or whatever key gets stuck. The log output has a bunch (100+) fixmes relating to keyboard (see code).
Thanks for any help!
fixme:keyboard:X11DRV_MapVirtualKeyEx keyboard layout (nil) is not supported
fixme:keyboard:X11DRV_LoadKeyboardLayout L"00000409", 0000: stub!
I did try these below fixes, btw:
WINEDEBUG=-all wine "C:\Program Files\Guild Wars\Gw.exe"
WINEDEBUG=-all will stop the flood of fixme messages generated from normal use. If you require debugging, omit this option.
* Make sure 3D works in native applications before blaming Wine. Try glxgears, or a 3D game such as etracer or supertuxkart.
* Use the latest version of Wine, at least 1.0. Type 'wine --version' to check.
* Try different versions of Windows in winecfg, such as Windows XP and 98.
XP, 2000, 98 all same
* Under the winecfg Graphics tab, try experimenting with the window settings if you have window/resizing issues.
YES, DID SET THE WINDOW TO A SPECIFIC SIZE.
* Turn off Compiz Fusion desktop effects.
* "Guild Wars has encountered an unrecoverable graphics driver error and must terminate" (bug #12870) is caused by fglrx, not Wine.
If you are having graphics issues, use regedit to try some registry keys:
* OffscreenRenderingMode=pbuffer or fbo
DIDN"T TRY THESE YET
Appending these flags to the run command may help you:
* -dx8 - Uses DirectX 8
* -dsound - Uses DirectSound
* -nosound - Disables sound
More information about the wine-users