[Wine] Re: Squeezing every last drop of performance out of DirectX

gamblor01 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Apr 29 09:28:16 CDT 2009

Just FYI this x.game script (v0.8) works just fine on Intrepid.  I tried it out and I'm not sure it really helped my FPS though.  Seemed to perform about the same as my normal X desktop with Metacity instead of Compiz.

I also had to use a bit of a workaround because of the spaces in the path to Steam (Program Files).  Plus I can switch between Compiz and Metacity probably just as fast as switching between desktops.  This all seemed like a little too much hassle for not very much gain, so I uninstalled it.

I'm pretty sure that I'm all set here.  I'm just going to run with all of the default Wine stuff (-dxlevel 81) and Metacity over Compiz.  It runs great.