[Wine] Re: Squeezing every last drop of performance out of DirectX

Cloudef wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Apr 29 10:36:24 CDT 2009

Hello, sorry for late response.
You wanted my config, well here:
[Image: http://flare.xenmedia.org/uploads/Kuvakaappaus-Registry%20Editor.png ]
Readtex is must for nVidia cards  [Wink]
Also you may disable GLSL if you dont want shaders (Reduces image quality tho in games that heavily depends on shaders).

I may have also fiddled other things on Wine to boost performance, even compiled with different CFlags (Optimizations to my CPU) also some other minor things i don't remember tho :P

Here is my TF2 Config (Actually i use it on every Source game, but mainly it improves Garry's Mod perfomance and latency):

TF2 tho works perfectly without FPS config, it's just GMod that i want to run best as possible :P I have tested TF2 just with multi threading and dx_level 81 works fine.

Code:

mat_dxlevel "81"
cl_showfps "1"
//Chucker's FPS config

//Netcode Settings (change to your preference)
rate "35000"
cl_cmdrate "33"
cl_interp_ratio "1.0"
cl_updaterate "33"
cl_interpolate "1"
cl_interp_threadmode "1"
cl_interp_all "1"

alias 100rate "cl_cmdrate 100; cl_updaterate 100; bind F11 33rate; echo > cmdrate 100 / updaterate 100"
alias 80rate "cl_cmdrate 80; cl_updaterate 80; bind F11 100rate; echo > cmdrate 80 / updaterate 80"
alias 66rate "cl_cmdrate 66; cl_updaterate 66; bind F11 80rate; echo > cmdrate 66 / updaterate 66"
alias 50rate "cl_cmdrate 50; cl_updaterate 50; bind F11 66rate; echo > cmdrate 50 / updaterate 50"
alias 33rate "cl_cmdrate 33; cl_updaterate 33; bind F11 50rate; echo > cmdrate 33 / updaterate 33"
bind F11 100rate;
bind "x" "say !rtd I hate rape."

//Actual Video Settings
mat_antialias "4"
mat_forceaniso "16"
mat_hdr_enabled 0
mat_hdr_level 0
mat_picmip 2
mat_vsync 0
r_rootlod 2
mat_monitorgamma "1.6"  //Ingame Gamma Settings

//FPS Settings
fps_max 0  //Setting to 0 sets no max limit
cl_detaildist "0"
cl_detailfade "0"
cl_drawmonitors "0"
cl_ejectbrass "0"
cl_forcepreload "1"
cl_lagcomp_errorcheck "0"
cl_lagcompensation "1"
//cl_downloadfilter "nosounds"
cl_ejectbrass "0"
cl_forcepreload 1
cl_phys_props_enable "0"
cl_phys_props_max "0"
cl_show_splashes "0"
cl_smoothtime "0.01"
cl_smooth 0
commentary 0
mat_aaquality "0"
mat_autoexposure_max "0"
mat_autoexposure_min "0"
mat_bloomscale "0"
mat_bufferprimitives "0"
mat_bumpmap "1"
mat_clipz "1"
mat_compressedtextures "1"
mat_diffuse "1"
mat_disable_bloom "1"
mat_disable_fancy_blending "1"
mat_disable_lightwarp "1"
mat_disable_ps_patch "1"
mat_envmapsize "0"
mat_excludetextures "1"
mat_envmaptgasize "0"
mat_fastspecular "1"
mat_filterlightmaps "1"
mat_filtertextures "1"
mat_forcehardwaresync "0"
mat_forcemanagedtextureintohardware "0"
mat_framebuffercopyoverlaysize "0"
mat_hdr_enabled "0"
mat_hdr_level "0"
mat_hdr_manual_tonemap_rate "0"
mat_mipmaptextures "0"
mat_lightmap_pfms "0"
mat_maxframelatency "0"
mat_max_worldmesh_vertices "0"
mat_parallaxmap "1"
mat_picmip "1"
mat_queue_mode "-1"
mat_reducefillrate "1"
mat_shadowstate "0"
mat_show_ab_hdr "0"
mat_showlightmappage "-1"
mat_specular "0"
mat_texture_limit "-1"
mat_use_compressed_hdr_textures "1"
mat_showenvmapmask "0"
mat_showlowresimage "0"
mat_showmaterials "0"
mat_showmaterialsverbose "0"
mat_supportflashlight "1"
mat_wateroverlaysize "0"
mat_motion_blur_enabled "1"
mat_motion_blur_percent_of_screen_max "12"
mat_softwarelighting "0"
mp_decals "200"
muzzleflash_light "0"
net_maxfragments "1280"
net_maxfragments "1280"
net_showevents "0"
npc_height_adjust "1"
props_break_max_pieces "0"
props_break_max_pieces_perframe "0"
r_3dnow "1"
r_3dsky "0"
r_PhysPropStaticLighting "0"
r_WaterDrawReflection "1"
r_WaterDrawRefraction "1"
r_ambientboost "0"
r_cheapwaterend "1"
r_cheapwaterstart "1"
r_decal_cullsize "100"
r_decals "200"
r_dopixelvisibility "0"
r_drawbatchdecals "1"
r_drawflecks "1"
r_drawmodeldecals "1"
r_drawmodelstatsoverlaymax "1.5"
r_drawmodelstatsoverlaymin "0.01"
r_drawspecificstaticprop "0"
r_dynamic "0"
r_eyeglintlodpixels "0"
r_eyemove "1"
r_eyes "1"
r_fastzreject "0"
r_flashlightrendermodels "1"
r_unloadlightmaps "1"
r_flashlightrenderworld "1"
r_flex "0"
r_forcewaterleaf "0"
r_lod "2"
r_staticprop_lod "4"
r_maxdlights "0"
r_maxmodeldecal "10"
r_maxnewsamples "5"
r_maxsampledist "10"
r_minnewsamples "0"
r_mmx "1"
r_norefresh "0"
r_occlusion "0"
r_renderoverlayfragment "0"
r_queued_decals "1"
r_rootlod "2"
r_ropetranslucent "0"
r_shadowmaxrendered "32"
r_shadowrendertotexture "1"
r_shadows "1"
r_spray_lifetime "0.1"
r_sse "1"
r_sse2 "1"
r_teeth "1"
r_staticpropinfo "0"
r_updaterefracttexture "0"
r_updaterefracttexture "0"
r_visualizeproplightcaching "1"
r_waterdrawreflection "1"
r_waterforceexpensive "1"
r_waterforcereflectentities"1"
rope_averagelight "0"
rope_collide "0"
rope_shake "0"
rope_smooth "0"
rope_smooth_enlarge "0"
rope_smooth_maxalpha "0"
rope_smooth_maxalphawidth "0"
rope_smooth_minalpha "0"
rope_smooth_minwidth "0"
rope_subdiv "0"
rope_wind_dist "0"

//Blood settings
violence_ablood 1
violence_agibs 1
violence_hblood 1
violence_hgibs 1

net_graph "0"

echo FPS Config Loaded!

Also you may want to do something like this when you've launched the game

Code:
gksudo "renice -16 $(pgrep hl2)"

It makes your hl2 process priority higher, tho you may want to change the -16 value if you dont see any performance boost. Thats all i remember for now :/