[Wine] Is it possible to install and successfully run httpd-2.2.11?

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 17:29:57 CDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 5:10 PM, Shingoshi <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> austin987 wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 2:58 AM, Shingoshi <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>>
>> > I have tried this many times in the past. But I've never been fully successful on running httpd on Linux using Wine. I would just like to know if it's possible, and how to go about it. It seems like it should be a straightforward process.
>> >

>> Why would you want to do that? Just use native apache.
>>
>> --
>> -Austin
>

> FOR PURPOSES OF COMPARISON!

So try it and see.

> And I don't need my reasons questioned.

No need to get confrontative.

> Neither was I seeking permission.

Nor did I imply you were.

But rather than coming here and asking, then getting angry with people
suggesting an alternative, try it yourself and see. If stuff doesn't
work, file a bug. But to be honest, it depends on some pretty low
level stuff, so it'll probably be a tough nut to crack.

And if you want it to run on port 80, you'd need to run as root, which
endangers your system to viruses/etc.

--
-Austin