[Wine] multiple wine version questions

tparker tparker at etherstorm.net
Thu Apr 30 12:55:03 CDT 2009

If I have two different versions of wine installed, do I need to install
each program I want to run through wine is a separate folder, or will
they both get the data from the one .wine folder in the home directory?
Is there anything special I need to know or do before building the new
version so that it doesn't mess up by current version in case I need to

The newest version offered in my distro (Fedora 10) is 1.1.15. I am
using a patched git of 1.1.15 now but want to try 1.1.20 and see if it
fixes some of the problems I am having. I do not want to delete my
mostly working git version until I know how well the new 1.1.20 works.