[Wine] Wine with Jaunty 64bit libxcb problem

grand_fromage wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Apr 30 18:23:28 CDT 2009

Hi,

I upgraded to 64 bit Jaunty recently and Wine stopped working. It complains about missing libxcb-xlib.so.0 in winex11.drv. If I ldd /usr/lib32/winex11.drv.so I can see that it has a dependency on this xcb-xlib library. Problem is, Jaunty is using the latest version of libxcb1 which no longer includes the xcb-xlib library so I can't install it. I've tried with the Wine in the standard repos, and the latest version in the WineHQ repos.
The wierd thing is, I did a clean install of 32 bit Jaunty on another system and Wine works. If I ldd /usr/lib32/winex11.drv.so on this system it no longer has a dependency on libxcb-xlib.so.0.
So, anyone have any ideas whats going on? Should Wine be using this version of xlib or not? Is the 64 bit version using different libraries to the 32 bit?

Cheers for your help!