[Wine] Safe Harbor Games : Backgammon - Almost works with Wine

Robert Virnig friedliveratack at live.com
Sat Aug 1 11:20:28 CDT 2009

Safe Harbor Games (http://www.safeharborgames.net/) is a popular site in the backgammon community.  I am one of several people trying to get the game server to work on Linux with Wine.  I am using a Asus EEE 1000HE with the latest version of Easy Peasy (Ubuntu) and Wine.  The game software requires browser to launch and I was successful in getting this to work by loading windows version of Firefox.  In fact, with exception of a few critical issues the program works with Wine.  I can play a match and most of the controls work except for the following.  1.  Cannot post chat message in either lobby or game because after typing message the software requires hitting [enter] and under Wine hitting [enter] has no effect. 2.  Should be able to double-click on player name in lobby to send a instant message but double-click does not work.  3.  This last is less critical, but fonts do not display correctly.  So the result is I can play on the game site but cannot communicate with anyone.  I would greatly appreciate if someone could help solve these issues.  Thanks