[Wine] Re: IE7 issue with a game

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Aug 2 13:54:11 CDT 2009

you wouldn't currently have access to the game to test it, so it might have to wait for release...

But i'm not saying that IE7 broke.  If I install and get IE7 working in any version of Wine, including 1.1.26, it works.. no different than back on older ones like 1.1.21...  thats when i directly run iexplore.exe .. the browser works, and doesn't seem any different.

The problem is how this game is using the IE libraries... the IE part that I had to get to work fails to load right on my tests on 24, 25, 26, but worked on the older versions.  If it was just IE failing it would be easy, but its not... its just one part of how this one game is using IE that no longer works exactly right.  It still calls the IE libraries right since it gives an IE error of "Page cannot be displayed, check your internet connection.. etc..."  It might be to do with some type of picture loading in the background...

I can see if 22 works, but there might not be much that can be done if there's no known issues with IE compatibility like this until the game is released and got working afterwards.

ehh.. don't think I'll get killed for this, but the game is Champions Online, and its supposed to be in Open Beta pretty soon, and released not too long after, so it wont be that long of a wait.  If anyone else that reads here just happens to be in the Beta test, and trying to get it to work... help would be appreciated... there was some postings from while back with people attempting to use Wine, but nothing lately over there.... and they hadn't seemed to have gotten this far... the game doesn't work past the log in and patcher, I just wish i could try it out on a newer version of Wine, but the IE screw up blocks the log in page unless I go back to 1.1.21.