[Wine] problems with windows-lnk-files

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Sun Aug 2 23:18:39 CDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 00:02, zuhansh at mailpost.at<zuhansh at mailpost.at> wrote:
> hello,
>
> on Windows XP I created some directories and files - and some links
> (.lnk-files) to files and directories and saved them on a ntfs-disk.

If drive letters might change, etc, batch files work better... (Under
Windows at least) Windows shortcuts can't seem to take relative paths
which make them useless on flash drives, etc.

(winemenubuilder might be able to convert lnk files to Desktop files.
You should not be copying installed applications between Windows
(Links to documents, etc should be fine) and Wine though and the NTFS
driver is kind of broken when it comes to Wine)

http://wiki.winehq.org/winemenubuilder

Gert