[Wine] WoW: Low FPS

MacNean Tyrrell dardack at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 17:32:05 CDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 3:23 PM, McKinnon <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> well it isn't playable in WG, it would be if my mouse didn't match my
> framerate. but since my mouse lags behind too I can't play it.

If you want a "Hardware" cursor in wine/wow, can check out my post in reply
to X11 cursor.  Or:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=7643957&postcount=82

But I am not left handed so I use the wine patch from page 2 of:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1051483&page=2   by isit (
http://swa.org.ru/wow/wine-cursor-patch-new1.txt)

I still use this even though I eperience hardly any lag in new system.

> and I played on high settings in vista.

Hmm with that system and that card, I could never play on high.  Like I said
same fps/settings in linux/xp/vista.  Anyways, sorry can't help you here,
remember wow isn't native to linux, but for me the 8600 didn't perform much
beyond what your reporting.   I know blizz keeps upgrading the graphics
engine, when was last time you played on that system in vista? and what fps?

> also, i have the nvidia 180 driver. and still didn't find multisampling.

Yea i'm using the beta 190 since the 260m isn't stablely supported yet i
guess.  Multisampling is : Hit escape, hit video, hit resolution on left.
First drop down top right.

--
Sincerely,

MacNean C. Tyrrell