[Wine] Windows help (winhlp32)

shetland_breeder wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Aug 4 06:22:50 CDT 2009

Is there a way of getting an application to use the Windows native winhlp32.exe?

Although I've replaced the exe in c:\windows and c:\windows\system32 my application (Borland Paradox7) still invokes the Wine help (which is broken as it doesn't display the Contents and Search and is full of 'not yet implemented' messages).

So I assume the DDI call from Paradox is being routed to some built-in wnhelp semi-workalike.

Of course I can put Windows' winhlp32.exe in Program Files and invoke it from a Linux menu item, but it would be nice to have the Paradox menu item invoke the native exe as well. Then I can wean my users off Windows.

I'm using Wine 1.1.26 on Ubuntu Hardy.

Pete