[Wine] Nothing loads in wine?

MacNean Tyrrell dardack at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 13:43:20 CDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 2:34 PM, McJugga <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> I got all those packages... Same problem.
> When I do
>
> Code:
> ./tools/wineinstall
>

> Like the readme says, this happens.
>
> Code:
> Running configure...
>
> checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
> checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
> checking for gcc... gcc
> checking for suffix of executables...
> checking for g++... no
> checking for c++... no
> checking for gpp... no
> checking for aCC... no
> checking for CC... no
> checking for cxx... no
> checking for cc++... no
> checking for cl.exe... no
> checking for FCC... no
> checking for KCC... no
> checking for RCC... no
> checking for xlC_r... no
> checking for xlC... no
> checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... no
> checking whether g++ accepts -g... no
> checking for cpp... cpp
> checking whether gcc -m32 works... no
> configure: error: Cannot build a 32-bit program, you need to install 32-bit
> development libraries.
>
> Configure failed, aborting install.

Yea there is a development library your missing.  Sorry I have never used
fedora, so couldn't help you here.  glibc-devel.i386 maybe?  also maybe *
xorg-x11-server-devel.i386*, try to install those 2 and see.   Sorry in
ubuntu we just do apt-get build-deb wine and bam everything is installed
that's needed to compile wine.

--
Sincerely,

MacNean C. Tyrrell