[Wine] Regedit issues, not owned by root

Mokuren wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Aug 5 13:25:36 CDT 2009

Hello.

I have been pretty satisfied with wine since I have become aware of its existance and am having a pretty good time with it. There are, however, a couple issues I can't wrap my head around.

First of all, I cannot run regedit as root, it says:

Code:
wine: /home/mokuren/.wine is not owned by you

I don't know how the root is supposed to "not own" something. This isn't a real problem since regedit runs fine not as root, but well...

Second issue: I cannot rename keys in regedit.

I need to create a Direct3D and a DirectInput key with a couple strings in order to fix some issues (one minor, one game-breaking) with a couple games. However, I am only able to create the keys, any attempt at renaming gives no benefit.

It doesn't matter how many times and how hard I press F2 or how many times I right-click and choose "rename", it absolutely refuses to allow me to change a registry key's name.

What went wrong?