[Wine] Re: Regedit issues, not owned by root

Mokuren wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Aug 5 14:21:54 CDT 2009

austin987 wrote:
> Why do you need to run regedit as root?

No reason, it just felt weird that I couldn't

austin987 wrote:
> When you say rename, do you mean recase? That fails on windows as
> well. If renaming fails though, something is wrong.

I'm talking about renaming, I can create new keys that go by the default name (New Key #1 and so on) but any attempt at renaming does... Absolutely nothing.

I mean: it's not that I rename it and the name doesn't stick, I don't even get to edit the name in the first place, the command does absolutely nothing