[Wine] Re: Wine Unbearably Slow

MrDelish wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Aug 5 18:59:47 CDT 2009

vitamin wrote:
> Run this and check how it works. Also post complete terminal output it generates:
>
> Code:
> WINEPREFIX=~/wine_test wine winecfg

Same behavior... took forever to load. Here's the output:

Code:
WINEPREFIX=~/wine_test wine winecfg
wine: created the configuration directory '/home/USER/wine_test'
fixme:mixer:ALSA_MixerInit No master control found on HDA ATI HDMI, disabling mixer
fixme:system:SetProcessDPIAware stub!
fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyAddrChange (Handle 0x7cf209e8, overlapped 0x7cf209cc): stub
fixme:shell:DllCanUnloadNow stub
fixme:mixer:ALSA_MixerInit No master control found on HDA ATI HDMI, disabling mixer
wine: configuration in '/home/USER/wine_test' has been updated.

The output is nearly identical to what came out as a result of the other command suggested:

Code:
wineboot -u

The only difference is the penultimate line (fixme:mixer:ALSA... was not there. But the slowness was there as well.

If it matters, I'm running the 64-bit version of Jaunty.