[Wine] XML issue

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 5 23:25:18 CDT 2009

Jim Hall wrote:
> Debian Lenny, latest Wine.
>
> I just installed a program that my WOW guild is raving about. Had to install
> .NET 2 to get it to run. Only problem so far is that I can't open a saved
> profile. It saves in XML format. That part seems ok, but I can't open it
> again. The process hangs on the first of three steps, locks up, and I have
> to force quit the app. I can open and read the file with a web browser
> (Iceweasel). Where do I go from here?

Jim:

Try running the program in a terminal session and look at the output
that is sent back from Wine.

If it is small (<20 lines) post it here.  If it is larger (and most .NET
problems create lines and lines of output) try capturing it to a log
file per the FAQ and post it to a site like pastebin.com

Thank you.

James McKenzie