[Wine] Re: wine on Debian sid

Crow wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Aug 5 23:57:34 CDT 2009

vitamin wrote:

> Crow wrote:
> > I recently upgraded & dist-upgraded much to my consternation and was rewarded with a non-functioning Wine installation.
>

> In what way? What exactly doesn't work? Does winecfg work? notepad?

Ok, good question.

Nothing runs on Wine.  wineboot, winecfg, nothing at all runs.   All I get is that dialogue box I mentioned in my first post.  Once I click "ok" there is nothing further happening.

I forgot to post the command line error message:

err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin L"winex11.drv": libuuid.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have libuuid installed.

Thanks for your interest.

Crow.