[Wine] Wine on Leopard 32-bit with 64-bit memory addressing

tpatko wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Aug 6 00:40:08 CDT 2009

Hello WINE Users:

Is it possible to build WINE on Mac (Leopard 10.5.X) in 32-bit mode but with the ability to allocate/deallocate large amounts of memory using 64-bit addresses.  Essentially what is needed for my particular application is to support LARGEADDRESSAWARE to allow for addressing more than 2GB of memory per process.  For my particular use, no graphical libraries of any kind are required.  This is to run a Windows command line program that is 32-bit but with the ability to memory in 64-bit space (see link below for a more detailed explanation).

http://classic.chem.msu.su/cgi-bin/ceilidh.exe/gran/gamess/forum/?C34df668afbHW-6911-1138+00.htm

There is currently no native Mac binary so I am running the Windows version through WINE on Mac in 32-bit mode (actually currently through the prebuilt binary from http://www.kronenberg.org/darwine/).  The current limit of memory allocation is 190MW (1520MB per process).  The capabilities and limitations running under WINE are detailed here -> http://classic.chem.msu.su/gran/gamess/macosx.html

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Regards,

Thomas