[Wine] Another freeze by launching steam game cs and cs:source

student wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Aug 6 17:14:52 CDT 2009

Hi.

I`m pretty new to linux and i rly preciate if some1 could help with this problem so i keep my motivation to stay in linux.

I have installed wine-doors and steam without problems. Downloaded counter strike via steam. Launching after install it showed main cs page properly but clicking option or console button.. it freezes with click sound(i can move mouse tho). Second launch and afterwards it freezes and showing only "options" and "quit" wich couldn`t be clicked.

In source at first launch, i could open options and so and when i tried to create server for testing it freezes end of loading time (was it ..parsing data or something). Next times i launched it closed itself always when loading main page and i was back to desktop.

I used for closing alt+F2 xkill, won`t be a problem?

I´ve tried to apply from wine config audio oss and alsa(freezes in both) and without any audio closes cs itself like that source do. I tried some older audio packages or what was those when saw 1 guy solving that freeze problem with that. In my case my main page was without "options" and "quit" text even after that.

I rly don`t know what to do and hoping to get some help or ideas how to fix it. I have ati radeon hd2600xt and ati 9-7 driver installed and working properly. OS is Linux mint 7. I also tried installing wine and steam from console(and with steam executable with wine) what went fine but this same problem exist. I have my windows steam in ntfs folder but thought it installs steam in linux ext3 system (fully?) so it wan`t be problem? Just said this too when read that wine won`t work if steam is installed in ntfs partition or something.

Thx in advance.