[Wine] Re: [SOLVED] C&C Red Alert 3 - Lan (and also hamachi) play

MarcoBR wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Aug 9 11:10:11 CDT 2009

> Works like a charm over here, we never desync and we sure have fun trying to win on a 2vs1 (Human on Brutal) game.

Now i envy you! I also played 2vs1 with a friend when i had a desktop. Now I have to make this work on my linux laptop  :?

So here's what's happening:

- Hamachi is up, the device shows on ifconfig. Also added hamachi's ip on /etc/hosts

The game still doesn't show hamachi's ip to select so i started doing those steps.

I got stuck right in the beginning as i can't compile that bind hack:

Code:
In file included from /usr/include/features.h:376,
                 from /usr/include/sys/socket.h:24,
                 from bind_hack.c:5:
/usr/include/gnu/stubs.h:7:27: error: gnu/stubs-32.h: No such file or directory

it appears some package is missing but I can't tell which one.

I also did what's in the appdb page:

Code:

For network play you also need to start regedit and browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Wine/Network (create Network if it doesn't exist).

Then add a string value with name UseBindAddressHack and value Enabled. If you're having trouble connecting, make sure your /etc/hosts file is properly set up;

No difference :(

Thanks for your help.