[Wine] myspaceim, installs fine, but no internet connection

A. Tres Finocchiaro tres.finocchiaro at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 11:14:30 CDT 2009

wine_and_women,

My reply is off-topic to Wine, but it may help.

If you can live without some of the MySpace IM features, "Pidgin"
works great with MySpace IM as a chat client.  I did have to run the
windows installer (on a winows machine) once for my buddies to show,
but I'm sure you've done that already. (Alternately you're supposed to
be able to do Accounts --> MySpace --> Add friends from MySpace.com)

In Linux, I just clicked it from the drop-down in Pidgin.  Account -->
Manage --> Add --> MySpace IM.

The MySpace plug-in is now built in to Pidgin and seems to be getting
better and better (it used to be a little buggy).

If you are running SuSE (I think I read that on a previous post of
yours) Pidgin may already be installed, their site is here:

http://pidgin.im/download/

It also works with Yahoo, AIM, Google Talk and a whole bunch more.  At
work I just got it to work with Microsoft Communicator!  Add me if
you'd like to test it, just search for "pentajock".

-Tres

- Tres.Finocchiaro at gmail.com