[Wine] Re: Instant complete crash on laptop

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Aug 9 13:00:46 CDT 2009

Bogdanovist wrote:
> twice now if I run it for a goodly time (about an hour) my laptop suddenly switches off and will not power back on (with the power button) until I've disconnected then re-connected the power cord. The crash is as though the battery has run out and the laptop is doing an emergency shutdown, but when I do re-boot both times the battery was at 100%.

You sure it's not overheating? Some laptops do have problems with proper CPU/GPU cooling. As well as Linux having problems with buggy ACPI where fan controls don't work at all, or work differently then they should.

In other words, instead of turning fans on acpid either doesn't know to do that (temperature sensor gives bogus readings) or shuts fans off instead.