[Wine] Re: Instant complete crash on laptop

Bogdanovist wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Aug 10 03:35:25 CDT 2009

It could well be overheating, but it is related in some way to Wine or the specific app I was running with Wine. I often use my laptop for many more hours at a time (for work) than I did when getting this crash. I guess perhaps the CPU was working too hard for an extended running this game, but it's quite old with simple 2D graphics so it shouldn't be too taxing, unless running anything with Wine is inherintely CPU intensive (althouh that's not the impression the FAQ gives).

I've done some digging and it looks as though I'm running an older version of Wine than the current (although it is the one that Ubuntu's repository manager says is the latest version). I'm not sure if getting the current version would help with this kind of an error?