[Wine] Still no joy

rando1000 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Aug 10 08:48:03 CDT 2009

After using winetricks to install mdac, vb runtimes, and c runtimes (not sure which the app was written in), I'm still getting "Active X control cannot create object".

The application requires several things, so I'm not sure where it's failing.  First, the user has to be mapped to a specific network share, which I've done via samba and then drive mapped in Wine.  Next, the application itself authenticates to the SQL Server; the user merely logs into a gui to get it's permissions from the app, which the app passes to SQL Server.  Come to think of it, that login gui must be what's failing.  After all the ActiveX errors, I get the main form of the app (totally non-functional), but the login screen never appears.