[Wine] Re: trying to get RegAlyzer working

kenf22 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Aug 10 15:14:12 CDT 2009

vitamin wrote:
> And you won't. Wine does not support Windows' binary registry files. No program will help you see them without OS' support.

Ok, then is that a limitation of Wine? chntpw can write to the registry, and there is part of the samba4 beta called gregedit that can do it so Linux is capable of it. Unfortunately chntpw is a command line utility, as such unreasonable to use. gregedit looks great but I can not find it to download, so wine was my last shot.

My second question would be; Why is it in the appdb if it can't see the registry? That is all the program does.

I will their forums, hopfully they figured it out. Thank you all for your help.