[Wine] Re: [SOLVED] C&C Red Alert 3 - Lan (and also hamachi) play

MarcoBR wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Aug 11 06:07:45 CDT 2009

jorl17 wrote:
> Well, you can't play because you don't have the hack. That compile error shows that something is wrong within your packages, because one file is being included from another file included in the code...as for that compile error I can't help, but you might search online and see if someone else has that problem with your distro.
>
> As for that registry key, It is related to another patch which, AFAIK, is not included in Wine....so adding that key did nothing.
>
> What does your /etc/hosts file look like? It _is_ odd that you can't see your IP in RA3's options.
>
> If you really can't compile the hack even after googling, I can send you my binary, if the architecture is OK.

Please note that the game I'm trying is the CNC3 "Tiberium Wars" version, but it should be the same thing. I'm sorry I though i had mentioned (not fond of this RA3..the second is great though).

The problem is practically the same as described in the first post.

Googling just brings me back to this wine forum.. hard to google a personal (raphael's) hack solution. Is your system a 64 bit arch? If so, please send me the binary.

My /etc/hosts look like this:

Code:

#hamachi's IP
#5.110.192.199 localhost
127.0.0.1   localhost.localdomain localhost

No big deal there right? But the only thing that shows is 127.0.0.1 in the game.

Thanks again. I will keep looking for more information.