[Wine] wine 1.1.26, IE 7 and java 1.16.015

mctiew wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Aug 11 09:38:10 CDT 2009

I managed to install IE7 using wine 1.1.26.

Also installed adobe flash player.

All these seeems to be working.
Shockwave seems to be not working, but that's no important for me.

However my greatest motivation for installing IE7 is to be able to run/view java applet. Test using java installation web site seems to say that the jre runtime was installed. However when visiting some demo applets I get this error :-

demo applet : http://java.sun.com/applets/jdk/

alt="Your browser understands the <APPLET> tag but isn't running the applet, for some reason." Your browser is completely ignoring the <APPLET> tag!

Is this a security issue or that java is not working ?