[Wine] error opening winecfg

tparker tparker at etherstorm.net
Tue Aug 11 11:31:42 CDT 2009

On 08/11/2009 12:00 AM, vitamin wrote:
> Try with separate WINEPREFIX. Ex:
> WINEPREFIX=~/wine-test wine winecfg

Thank you. I just tried that and still got the same error as before,
plus a comment about Mozilla, but the winecfg window did open. I'm not
sure what it working this way means, though.

The complete info given in the terminal when doing what you said was:

wine: created the configuration directory '/home/tparker/wine-test'

ALSA lib seq_hw.c:457:(snd_seq_hw_open) open /dev/snd/seq failed: No
such file or directory
Could not load Mozilla. HTML rendering will be disabled.
wine: configuration in '/home/tparker/wine-test' has been updated.