[Wine] GE centricity viewer??

Beartooth Comcast Beartooth at comcast.net
Wed Aug 12 13:09:57 CDT 2009

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009, John Drescher wrote:

>> ... How to make wine-1.1.23-1.fc11.i586 read the blasted
>> Centricity
>> CD, and specifically what to do about that cryptic
>> "idsErrorDicomdirNotSupported."
>>

> Did you try running that application in gnome-terminal?

 	You mean like one of these?

[btth at Hbsk2 ~]$ centricity
bash: centricity: command not found
[btth at Hbsk2 ~]$ wine centricity
wine: could not load L"C:\\windows\\system32\\centricity.exe":
Module not found
[btth at Hbsk2 ~]$ dicomdir
bash: dicomdir: command not found
[btth at Hbsk2 ~]$ wine dicomdir
wine: could not load L"C:\\windows\\system32\\dicomdir.exe": Module
not found
[btth at Hbsk2 ~]$
[btth at Hbsk2 ~]$ dicom
bash: dicom: command not found
[btth at Hbsk2 ~]$ wine dicom
wine: could not load L"C:\\windows\\system32\\dicom.exe": Module not
found
[btth at Hbsk2 ~]$

> Also what are trying to accomplish here. I mean if all you want to do is
> view your dicom files. There are many free programs that can do that. I am
> actually developing a dicom viewer in Qt that works 100% fine
> under wine.

 	I've put off replying to this one, because so much of it is
beyond my horizon. I don't know Qt from a spotted toad, and have no
idea how to search for such viewers; given a name or a generic term,
I'd google that and the word "download," or if need be both plus
"fedora." Is there such a term? Or one viewer in particular that you
approve? You seem to be saying that yours won't run on my box ...

 	There must be umpteen bazillion apps out there named "____
viewer"

> Eventually I will get it back working under linux directly but
> some third
> party libraries have a windows dependency. These are not needed
> for the
> viewer however the application is more than a viewer and I do not have time
> to trim out the extra functionality at the moment..

 	Dunno if more specifics will help, but here they are. On the
15th I had what was diagnosed as a "temporary ischemic attack"
(TIA), known colloquially as a mini-stroke. These commonly prefigure
a real stroke -- a massive one, that kills or totally disables the
patient -- by one or two days. The emergency room sent me to the
ultra-high-tech cardiac ward for a little over two days, and during
that time also subjected me to various scans.

 	All those are on the CD I have; another (a CT scan with dye,
at another hospital), which I don't (yet) have, seems to have
refined and in refining contradicted them. Something else was most
likely mimicking a mini-stroke; the question is what, and what to do
about it.

 	My purpose is to get a look at the scans, so that I can
better understand what a plethora of doctors are telling me -- and
at least make my own guess whether I need get my affairs in order.
Looking may not help much, I know; I'm no medical. But it can't
hurt.

--
Beartooth Staffwright, Sclerotic Squirreler Studying Linux
On the Internet, you can never tell who is a dog --