[Wine] GE centricity viewer??

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 15:35:28 CDT 2009

> http://www.google.com/search?q=dicom+linux
>
> GIMP also lists DICOM files amongst the formats it can read.

I would suggest that however I am not sure it works well with CT
slices. I believe GIMP loads DICOM one file at a time and CT viewing
typically you have 200 to 500 axial slices that make up a 3D volume.
In my work (Lung CT sometimes breast CT) we generally do not look at
the 3D however we often want to see the images reformatted so that we
can look at the 2D slices in the Sagittal or Coronal planes. If I have
time at home this evening I will try some viewers I know under wine.
ImageJ is also a program that will view the DICOM one slice at a time
in the Axial plane.

John